About Norwegian Crafts
Norwegian Crafts' principle aim is to strengthen the position of Norwegian contemporary crafts internationally.
Norwegian Crafts is a non-profit organisation, founded by the Norwegian Association for Arts and Crafts in 2012. It is funded through support from the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. We advise the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Norwegian embassies and consulates abroad on contemporary crafts.
- to raise worldwide awareness of Norwegian contemporary craft
- to be a vital contributor in the development of international craft theory
- to create debate and participate in new arenas of society
- to improve the financial situation of Norwegian craft artists through market development initiatives
- to support Norwegian artists, curators and writers within the craft field in their international activities
- to ensure continuous Norwegian participation in influential international arenas
- to facilitate collaboration and exchange between Norwegian and international craft artists, curators, critics and other agents in the field
Strategic Project Areas
Norwegian Crafts initiates and produce exhibitions in collaboration with Norwegian and international institutions, curators and artists. The aim is to strengthen the position of Norwegian contemporary craft internationally, contribute to the development of the artists’ careers and stimulate further exchange across national borders in the field of crafts.
Norwegian Crafts facilitates Norwegian participation at significant contemporary craft fairs and other commercial arenas. The aim is to increase the visibility of and demand for Norwegian contemporary crafts internationally, and to create new commercial opportunities for the artist.
Norwegian Crafts produces international seminars and publications in collaboration with other significant institutions and craft professionals. Norwegian Crafts commissions online articles on relevant topics from Norwegian and international contributors. The aim is to stimulate critical thinking and discourse within the field of contemporary crafts globally.
Network and Exchange
Norwegian Crafts connects Norwegian and non-Norwegian institutions, artists and other craft professionals. Norwegian Crafts nurtures and secures a worldwide network of crafts through its membership in World Crafts Council Europe, the Nordic Network of Crafts Associations, and Norwegian Arts Abroad. We organises expert, curator and press visits to Norway for the field of crafts.
Grants and Support Schemes
Norwegian Crafts supports the international activities of Norwegian and Norway-based craft artists, curators, writers and critics through different support schemes. The support schemes contribute to the internationalisation of Norwegian contemporary crafts and theory through enabling artists and other craft professionals to take part in important activities abroad.
Jorunn Veiteberg, chair
All art works presented at this website are copyrighted the artist/ BONO unless stated otherwise