Visitor programme January 2019
Norwegian Crafts hosted a group of gallerists and a journalist in Oslo 22-25 January 2019. The visitor programme was arranged in collaboration with Kunstnerforbundet in connection to the international art jewellery exhibition Everyone Says Hello.
While in Oslo the guests visited artists Camilla Luihn, Nanna Melland. Sigurd Bronger, Anne Leger, Emil Gustafsson and Anna Talbot, as well as gallery Format where they saw a group exhibition by art jewellery students from the Oslo National Academy of the Arts, and two solo shows by Pia Antonsen Rognes and Eyvind Solli Andreassen.
During a speeddating session at Norwegian Crafts' offices the gallerists had the opportunity to spend some time one on one with nine jewellery makers: Olaf Tønnesland Hodne; Emil Gustafson; Reinhold Ziegler; Helene Duckert; Ella Heidi Sand; Nanna Melland; Åse Marit Thorbjørnsrud; Kristine Ervik and Millie Behrens.
On 23 January Norwegian Crafts and Kunstnerforbundet hosted a reception at Kunstnerforbundet where Norwegian Crafts' Lars Sture, curator of Everyone Says Hello' presented the exhibition.
List of visitors to the programme
- Sofia Björkman, Platina (Stockholm)
- Atinuj Tantivit, ATTA Gallery (Bangkok)
- Katie Scott, Funaki Gallery (Melbourne)
- Doreen Timmers, DOOR Gallery (Mariaheide)
- Niki Heffels and Astrid Ubbink, Marzee (Nijmegen)
- Irene Belfi, Irene Belfi Gallery (Milano)
- Marina Elenskaya, Current Obsession
- Sienna Patti, Sienna Patti (New York)
- Miwha Oh, GalleryO (Seoul)
- Katharina Dettar and Chris Massey, Gallery S O (London)
Norwegian Crafts is thankful to the Norwegian Consulate General in New York for support to the programme.